A fitness photoshoot is an excellent opportunity to showcase your hard work, dedication, and progress towards your fitness goals. The right outfit can help you feel confident, comfortable, and stylish while highlighting your best features. Here are some tips on what to wear to a fitness photoshoot:
- Choose clothing that fits well: It’s essential to wear clothing that fits well and is comfortable to move in. You don’t want to feel restricted or self-conscious during the shoot. Tight-fitting clothes can highlight your muscles and curves (yay!), while loose clothing can hide your body’s definition (Boo).
- Select moisture-wicking fabric: When you’re working out or posing for a fitness shoot, you’re likely to sweat. Select clothing made of moisture-wicking fabric that pulls moisture away from your skin and helps you stay cool and dry. Some popular moisture-wicking fabrics include polyester, nylon, and spandex.
- Wear bright colors: Bright, bold colors can add visual interest to your photos and make you stand out, especially outside. Choose colors that complement your skin tone, hair color, and the background of your shoot. Avoid wearing colors that clash or make you appear washed out.
- Coordinate with your background: If you know the location or background of your shoot, you can choose clothing that complements or contrasts it. For example, if you’re shooting in a park with greenery, you might wear a bright pink or orange outfit to stand out against the natural surroundings. If you’re shooting in a gym, you might wear neutral colors like black, gray, or white to blend in.
- Consider layers: Layering can add interest to your outfit while also allowing you to adjust your clothing as needed. You might wear a tank top or sports bra with a lightweight jacket or hoodie that you can remove as you warm up. You could also wear leggings or shorts with a longer top or sweater that covers your hips and thighs.
- Pay attention to details: Don’t forget to pay attention to the details of your outfit, including your shoes, socks, and accessories. Your shoes should be comfortable and appropriate for your workout or activity. Socks should be high-quality and match your outfit. Accessories like hats, headbands, and jewelry can add visual interest but should be kept to a minimum.
- Think about your brand: If you’re a fitness influencer, coach, or athlete, your outfit should reflect your personal brand. Choose clothing that aligns with your aesthetic, message, and values. For example, if you’re all about empowering women to lift heavy, you might wear a shirt or tank top with a motivational message.
- Did you just compete? Wear your stage suit!
When choosing what to wear to a fitness photoshoot, you should prioritize comfort, fit, and style. Choose moisture-wicking fabric, bright colors, and layers that complement your background and pay attention to details like shoes and accessories. Don’t forget to consider your personal brand and message and choose clothing that aligns with your values and aesthetic. With these tips in mind, you’ll be ready to rock your fitness photoshoot and showcase all the hard work you’ve put into your fitness journey!
Ready to book your photoshoot? Get at me HERE!